1.1. VIVELOTS is committed to protecting your privacy. We promise to use the information that we collect about you in accordance with Law providing for the Protection of Natural Persons with regard to the Processing of Personal Data and for the Free Movement of such Data of 2018 (Law 125(I)/2018).
- What kind of personal data we collect.
- How we use and protect it.
- To whom we disclose it and how you can access and correct it.
1.3. Please do not use our website unless you completely agree with this policy. If you do use our website, we will assume that you do accept it.
PERSONAL OR OTHER DATA WE COLLECT:
1.5. Personal information you gave us when you visit our Website and/or when you register for an account with us:
- Any identifying information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers or email addresses when you register for an account with us.
- Buying or selling information you provide during a transaction, or other transaction-based content that you generate or is connected to your account as a result of a transaction you are involved in.
- Other content that you may generate, or that is connected to your account and your use of our website including your use of various website functions.
- Financial and billing information (such as credit card or bank account numbers) in connection with a transaction.
- You may also provide us with your information by submitting a web form, updating or adding information to your account, through your participation in community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding our services.
- Additional information we are required or authorized by applicable national laws to collect and process in order to authenticate or identify you or to verify the information we have collected.
1.6. Personal information we collect automatically when you visit our Website and/or when you register for an account with us:
- We also collect information about your interaction with our website, your advertising preferences, and your communications with us. This is information we receive from the devices (including mobile devices) you use when you use our website, register for an account with us, provide information on a web form, update or add information to your account, participate in community discussions, chats, or dispute resolution, or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding our website. This information includes the following: device ID or unique identifier, device type, ID for advertising, and unique device token.
- Computer and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, your IP address, your browsing history, and your web log information.
USE AND RETENTION:
We may use and retain your personal information as follows:
1.7. Provide, improve, and personalize our website:
- Provide access to and use of our services.
- Offer you site content that includes items and services that you may like.
- Keep track of your saved searches, favourites and to manage your ads.
- Provide you with credit offers and opportunities on behalf of other members of our VIVELOTS corporate family and their financial institution partners.
- Customize, measure, and improve our website.
- Provide other services requested by you as described when we collect the information.
1.8. Contact you about your account and provide you customer service:
- Contact you to notify you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or moneys owed, to poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires, or as otherwise necessary to provide you customer service.
- Contact you to provide our services, e.g. send service messages, process payments and/or fulfil orders.
- Contact you to help us communicate with you effectively should you try to contact us via our website.
- Contact you as necessary to enforce our Terms & Conditions of Use, applicable national laws, and any agreement we may have with you.
- For these purposes we may contact you via email, telephone, text messages, and postal mail.
1.9. Personalize our advertising and marketing communications:
- Personalize, measure, and improve our advertising based on customized preferences of yours.
- Contact you, either via email, telephone, text messages, and postal mail in order to: offer you coupons, discounts and special promotions, and inform you about our services. We will use the contact information you have provided to contact you by e-mail, SMS text and/or telephone if you have consented to such contact.
- Deliver targeted marketing, service updates and promotional offers based on your communication preferences.
1.10. Prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities:
- Prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraud, security breaches, potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
1.11. We retain your personal information as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations. In addition, we may retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with national laws, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce our Terms & Conditions of Use and take other actions permitted or required by applicable national laws.
1.12. We may access, remove, alter, store or otherwise use any personal data if we have reason to believe that it breaches our Terms & Conditions of Use, or that such steps are necessary to protect us or others, or that a criminal act has been committed, or if we are required to do so by law or appropriate authority.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA:
1.13. We will not disclose any of your personal data without your permission unless:
- Τhe processing of personal data is permitted and is lawful when it is carried out by (a) Courts acting in their judicial capacity for purposes of delivering justice, including the processing of personal data necessary for the publication and adoption of decisions of any court, and (b) The House of Representatives within its powers.
- The processing of personal data which is vested by virtue of a Decision of the Council of Ministers to a public authority or body for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority shall be performed lawfully and fairly, in a clear, precise and transparent manner in relation to the data subject.
- The processing of personal data which is carried out for journalistic or academic purposes or for purposes of artistic or literary expression, is permitted provided that those purposes are proportionate to the aim pursued and respect the essence of the rights as set out in the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union and in the European Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms.
1.14. Except as otherwise specifically included in this policy, this document addresses only the use and disclosure of information we collect from you. If you disclose your information to third parties, whether they are suppliers of services on our website (e.g. payment providers) or other websites, different rules will apply to their use or disclosure of your information. Please check their privacy policies carefully.
ACCESS AND RECTIFY DATA:
1.15. You have the right to request personal data that we hold about you, subject to us reserving the right to withhold such data to the extent permitted by law. We may charge an administration fee in line with data protection laws and we may also require appropriate evidence of identity. Note that you may be able to rectify certain of your personal data within your account on our service.
1.16. For information about your rights under Republic of Cyprus data protection law, see the website of the Office of the Commissioner for Personal Data Protection:
1.18. Cookies are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the website owner. Cookies allow a website to recognize a particular device or browser. There are several types of cookies:
- Session cookies expire at the end of your browser session and allow us to link your actions during that particular browser session.
- Persistent cookies are stored on your device in between browser sessions, allowing us to remember your preferences or actions across multiple sites.
1.19. For further information on cookies, including how to use your browser to block them and how to delete cookies already stored on your device, visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
1.20. By continuing to use our website, having seen our cookie notice, we assume that you consent to use of the cookies outlined above.
Effective date of this document is the 1st February 2019.